Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan’s School has designed admission process as simple as possible to ensure that all prospective parents enjoy a stress free application experience.
Step 1: Admission Enquiry:
Submit the online Enquiry Form or visit the school admissions office. Our admission department will get back to you to answer your questions and collect the required information.
Step 2: Registration
The parents are requested to visit the school Admission Office, fill out the registration form. Kindly carry one latest Passport size photo of the child and the parent along with self-attested Date of Birth certificate.
Step 3: School Visit & Interaction with the Principal
Parents / Guardians are invited to visit the school campus to understand the culture and ethos of the Institution. A meeting can be scheduled with the Principal, so parents can have an interaction with the Head of the school, ask questions and collect any information they require. This can be done by fixing a prior appointment with the admission department through mail draqkhan-johar.edu.pk or telephone 03368250413(Johar Campus) and 03361843892(Gulshan Campus). A meeting can also be arranged with the Principal or any other faculty member that you may wish to see.
Step 4: Aptitude/Admission Test
PRE-NURSERY – KINDERGARTEN
An informal individual assessment test is taken combined with an interview with both the parents. Generally, the reading level of a child, the vocabulary and concepts of colours and numbers are assessed. In addition, the confidence of the child, the level of spoken English and motor skills are taken into consideration.
Application for Class I onward are tested in four subjects – English,Science, Urdu and Mathematics.
The pass percentage is 50%. Duration of each paper is approximately 30 minutes.
For the written test, the child should come properly equipped with a pencil, eraser, sharpener and ruler.
The papers are not set from any specific textbooks or syllabus but are of a general nature designed to test the aptitude of the child in the basic subjects.
The test paper is not shown to anyone and only marks are communicated to the parents/ guardians.
A candidate caught cheating during the admission test will be rejected.
The list displaying names of selected candidates will be put up on the notice board of the concerned branch on the date given by the school.
In all cases, merit is the sole criterion for admission. The decision of the school cannot be challenged in any way and will be final.
Step 5: Form submission
The parent needs to fill up the admission form and ensure all documents are in order. Kindly intimate the school in case your child requires some special assistance due to any health reasons.
The criteria for age for the academic year 2020-21 is as follows:
|2.5 years – 3 years
|4 years – 5 years
|5 years – 6 years
|6 years – 7 Years
|7 years – 8 Years
|8 Years – 9 Years
|9 Years – 10 Years
|10 Years – 11 Years
|11 Years – 12 Years
|12 Years – 13 Years
|13 Years – 14 Years
|14 Years – 15 years
The following documents need to be submitted along with the Registration Form
- Copy of the Birth Certificate
- Copy of Report Card of previous year (only needed for admission to class 1 onwards)
List of documents required at the time of admission:
- Evidence of having graduated from the previous class.
- 4 photographs student
- 2 parents photographs
- Original TC from the previous school (for students seeking admission from class 2 onwards)
- Proof of residence
- Original Certificates may be produced at the time of admission for verification
- Photocopies of all achievement certificates in the field of Academics, Sports, Extra Curricular activities.
- Photocopy of Passport if available. This is mandatory for overseas students.
- The Admission documentation booklet must also be completed and duly signed by both Parents. It contains information which will assist you in your relationship with the School.
Acceptance of Admission:
- Students are admitted on First Come, First Served basis depending on vacancies
- We conduct formal interviews with the child or the parent.
- Selected candidates will be required to make the fee payment within 7 days of the declaration of the result.
- The school reserves the right to admissions. In all matters pertaining to admission, the decision of the Admission Committee will be final.
Once the Fee and documents are submitted, you will receive an Admission Confirmation Letter through courier or E-mail, from the school. This will inform you about further formalities, to be completed, if any.
Parents will be intimated of the date and time of uniform & textbook issue
Your ward will be allotted the parent portal ID and password after the week of admission.
Kindly inform the School of your joining date. This is mandatory because Staff need to be informed to expect your child on a particular day and they in turn need to make preparations accordingly.
Step 6: Payment of Fees
Once the above steps are satisfactorily completed parents will receive an admission offer and may pay the applicable fees to confirm admission.